Modern bows and arrows are designed to be a work of art, and spending on a quality product is a good investment. If you are planning to purchase a brand-new bow case, you are in luck because we will be reviewing some of the best compound bow cases.
Whether you are an experienced or novice archer we are certain that you will find the products needed to protect the bow and arrows that you have purchased. We will also provide a guide on how to buy a bow case. We also answer frequently asked questions relating to compound bow cases.
Best Compound Bow Case Reviews
1. Legend Archery Bowarmor Compound Bow Case
The Legend Archery Bowarmor Compound Bow Case is a sleek, reliable and convenient product. It provides you with the ease of carrying all your archery equipment in one case.
Some of the features of the Legend Archery Bowarmor Compound Bow Case include:
- Design: Coming in at a size 45.5 " x 16" and weight of a little over three pounds. The case can hold an arrow with an axel-to-axel dimension of 41 inches plus a bow with less than 44 inches of length. There are also exterior pockets which provide you enough space to keep your arrows and other archery accessories.
- Construction: The case is constructed from strong and tear-resistant nylon fabric. The shoulder strap and attached handles make it easy for you to carry the bag even when full. A polyethylene foam padding is also built in to absorb shock. It ensures your equipment remains safe throughout your journey.
- Warranty: The compound bow case comes with a two-year warranty for both repair and replacement parts.
What's to like about the Legend Archery Bowarmor Compound Bow Case
The great thing about the Legend Archery Bowarmor Compound Bow Case is that it is made from lightweight and durable materials. That means not only will it last longer, but you will also have no problems carrying it for extended periods of time.
We also love that the case is spacious enough to store and organize your arrows and accessories. This makes it possible for you to carry almost everything you need during your trip, without needing any other bags. The shoulder strap and handle offers a solid grip for better comfort and convenience.
What's not to like about the Legend Archery Bowarmor Compound Bow Case
One thing we don't like about the case is it cannot store equipment with a length of more than 44 inches. We also didn't like the fact that the bag does not have straps inside to hold the arrows and bow in place.
2. Plano Protector Compact Bow Case
The Plano Protector Compact Bow Case is another quality product you can get for your archery equipment. It is made from high-quality materials that help to ensure your items are protected. The manufacturer claims that you will never run out of room to keep your bow and arrows.
Made in the USA, the Plano Protector Compact Bow Case is equipped with the following features:
- Construction: The Plano Protector Compact Bow Case is made from quality materials, as well as has a patented system known as PillarLock® which makes it resistant to crush. It has a length of 43.25 inches and a height of 6.75 inches, and a weight of around 10 pounds. The construction material are durable and light weight.
- Suitability: This bow case fits most popular kinds of bows and arrows. With the case's dimension and D shape, it can accommodate items with a maximum length of 42 inches.
- Storage and protection: The Plano Protector Compact Bow case has enough storage space to keep your gear. One side of the product is specifically designed for a compound bow, while the other has designated arrow holders. The case has also been padded with flat, high-density foam to protect your equipment.
What's to like about the Plano Protector Compact Bow Case
How the Plano Protector Compact Bow Case was designed is one thing we fancy about it. Even though the case is lightweight, it is durable which means you don’t get to worry about spending on a new archery case any time soon.
There is also enough room in the case to keep your bow and arrows. Likewise, you don’t have to worry about them fitting inside it since the compartments have been designed to hold them in place.
Additionally, the case is designed to be customized, thanks to it tie-straps which are easy to adjust. Thus, it can accommodate all you really need to carry with you.
What's not to like about the Plano Protector Compact Bow Case
For some reason, with the Plano Protector Compact Bow Case sometimes the handle does not line up. At times it may be difficult to get the two halves to line up to close the case.
3. Pelican Air Elite Bow Case
The Pelican Air Elite Bow Case is another quality product from a manufacturer with a reputation for making high-end bow cases. The case is truly designed for the elite archer.
Some of the features that make the Pelican Air Elite Bow Case popular include:
- Weight: The manufacturer of the bow case boasts that their product is 40% lighter than the competitions. Allowing you to transport it without stress. You don’t have to worry about the additional weight of the case when you fill it up with your gear. Feel confident knowing everything is protected inside.
- Storage: With an exterior dimension of 44.0" x 16.8" x 7.9", the Pelican Air Elite Bow Case has a modular-type storage system. The case is equipped with compartments that can be configured to accommodate most kinds of bows and accessories. It has top-lid molle channels and a deep bottom-lid compartment.
- Security: You can rest assured that your archery items are secured because there are tie-down points inside the case for your bows. Likewise, there are points on the outside of the case that allow you to secure it to your vehicle. Additionally, the case has four stainless steel padlock hasps, which are kept secured with two combo locks.
- Ease of use and transport: The case is equipped with wheels, which makes it easy to transport, saving you from the stress of hurling the case around. This can also make transporting it to and from the range easy. The case also features six high-duty push-button latches that make it easy to open and close.
- Construction: The case is constructed with material which is watertight, crushproof, and dustproof. The lining is made with high-density foam which helps to protect your gear as you move it around.
What's to like about the Pelican Air Elite Bow Case
The good thing about the Pelican Air Elite Bow Case is that it is crafted with lightweight but durable materials. The case is well made and will last a long time. You also get enough storage space to keep your entire archery gear safe and organized. It has easy-to-configure compartments, as well as enough padding which helps to absorb impact or shock.
We like about this bow case has wheels so that you do not have to carry it on your shoulder or lift it off the ground to move it. You can travel on an airplane with this bow case because you can lock it and it is TSA-approved.
What's not to like about the Pelican Air Elite Bow Case
What we really don't like is that while the Pelican Air Elite Bow Case is designed to be lightweight, it somehow appears bulky.
4. Flambeau Outdoors Archery Safeshot Compound Bow Case
The Flambeau Outdoors Archery Safeshot Compound Bow Case is another quality option. It is made of durable materials. It is designed with the primary aim of keeping your bow and arrows safe. It has a good locking mechanism. It is made in the USA and is one of the largest bow cases you can buy today.
The Flambeau Outdoors Archery Safeshot Compound Bow Case boasts the following features:
- Size and weight: The Flambeau Outdoors Archery Safeshot Compound Bow Case weighs approximately 2.2 pounds, which means you can carry the case around for a long time without feeling fatigue. Size-wise, it has a dimension of 47.5" L x 19.25" W x 5" D, making it easy to fit in most arrows and bow models.
- Construction: Made of lightweight plastic material, the Flambeau Outdoors Archery Safeshot Compound Bow Case has a rugged polymer construction. This ensures you wouldn’t need a new bow case anytime soon, even after frequent use.
- Storage: With this compound bow case, you are assured there is enough room to keep your bows and arrows since it can fit one compound bow and 12 arrows. On one part of the lid, there is a rubber racking system designed to hold the shafts in position. There is also a pillar structure for storing accessories, plus inbuilt blade broadhead changers.
- Security: This case will keep your archery gear safe with the help of the four latches around it, as well as the four lock hasps. You don’t have to worry about your gear going missing or someone else getting inside your case. Additionally, the base pillar and internal lid help to provide crush resistance to the equipment inside the case.
What's to like about the Flambeau Outdoors Archery Safeshot Compound Bow Case
One of the best things about the Flambeau Outdoors Archery Safeshot Compound Bow Case is its weight! You don't have to limit the number of items you need to keep inside because you are assured that it won't be too heavy.
Being made in the USA, it is crafted with carefully selected materials and the best manufacturing methods have been used for quality performance and better durability. Likewise, the case is equipped with features which help to protect your equipment inside the case. For example, the base pillar and internal lid support mechanism protect your bow and arrows from a direct impact.
Another thing we love about the case is that it has a long length. This makes it a good case for carrying both short and large bows and arrows. Lastly, the manufacturer offers a one-year warranty on any factory defects.
What's not to like about the Flambeau Outdoors Archery Safeshot Compound Bow Case
The problem with the Flambeau Outdoors Archery Safeshot Compound Bow Case is that it is often shipped with some of the pieces missing. When ordering the product online, you will need to notify the seller to ensure that all the parts, such as the straps and arrow holders, are included. Failure to include the parts in the shipment means that you will have to find an alternative or get a different product.
5. Plano Mil-Spec Fieldlocker Compound Bow Case
Plano is a manufacturer that has been in the business since 1952 and is notable for its exceptional product design. So if you are looking for a high-quality bow case that you can brag about, the Plano Mil-Spec Fieldlocker Compound Bow Case might be the best.
The Plano Mil-Spec Fieldlocker Compound Bow Case comes with the following features:
- Specs: The Plano Mil-Spec Fieldlocker Compound Bow Case has an exterior dimension of 46.4"L x 7.2"W x 18"H and an approximate weight of 24 pounds. It is made from plastic materials which add less weight to the case.
- Ease of transport: The case is equipped with gliding ball-bearing wheels which makes it easy to travel with it. All you need to do is ensure it is properly closed and move it by hand.
- Storage: The Plano Mil-Spec Fieldlocker Compound Bow Case can easily support bows with a length of 46.5 inches. It can hold more than five arrows plus accessories. It also features a pluck foam interior which allows easy customization for most compound bows.
- Security: The Plano Mil-Spec Fieldlocker Compound Bow Case is also equipped with tabs you can use to padlock and secure your equipment. It has watertight seals and reinforced construction which meets military specifications.
What's to like about the Plano Mil-Spec Fieldlocker Compound Bow Case
The most appealing features of the Plano Mil-Spec Fieldlocker Compound Bow Case are that it is made in the USA. It is constructed with high-quality materials, and designed to meet military standards. It is easy to transport from place to place because of the integrated wheels. Lastly, you also get enough storage room for your archery tools.
What's not to like about the Plano Mil-Spec Fieldlocker Compound Bow Case
While the case is designed to be high quality and lightweight, it can only accommodate a bow with a maximum length of 46.5”. This means you can’t fit other bow brands and models. So you want to check that it can fit your bow perfectly before purchasing it.
It can be a great deal of work to find the right bow case to buy because there are many products for you to choose from. As a guide, there are a few things you need to consider when looking to buy a quality compound bow case, including:
The size of the bow case is one of the important features to look out for. Most bow cases are designed with different lengths. You want to ensure that the one you purchase can accommodate your bow.
Check the product for the interior dimensions and ensure that it matches your bow. This saves you the stress associated with returning the product when it doesn’t fit your bow or accessories.
2. Hard vs Soft Case
You also want to decide on whether you would need a hard or soft bow case. A hard bow case is made of hard plastic, while the soft ones are made from lightweight materials such as canvas and flexible plastic.
This means that a hard case will be heavier to carry around compared to a soft case. However, you don’t need to bother yourself with carrying the case around if it is equipped with wheels. Soft cases are lightweight but are not as durable as those made from hard materials.
3. Interior Padding
Another important feature to look out for in a good compound bow case is the interior padding. The best cases are padded with thick foam on the inside to help keep your equipment safe. This acts as a shock absorber to reduce the impact on your bow and arrows in case of a impact.
4. Air Travel Approval
Before buying a new compound bow case, you want to confirm that it is approved for air travel, especially since not all cases are created the same. Meaning, not all of them are suitable to take along with you when boarding a plane.
If you intend to travel with your bow and arrows, then you need to ensure that you purchase a case you can travel with. You can ask the manufacturer or seller if the product has air travel approval to be sure.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What Is Tip to Tip Distance?
The tip-to-tip distance of a compact bow is the measurement of the bow in length. This information is important when looking to purchase a bow case.
You can take a tape and measure the length of your bow in centimeters or inches. This will give you the precise measurement of the type of bow case to buy.
2. Can a Case Hold Two Bows?
It is possible to find a case which can accommodate two bows, but you need to know that most bow cases were designed to carry only a single bow. To transport two bows, you will need to buy a compound bow case with extra length and storage space.
3. How Can I Store My Bow and Quiver?
Most cases are not designed to hold a bow with the quiver attached to it because the center support usually gets in the way. Nonetheless, you can easily fit the bow and the quiver in the case once you detach the quiver.
4. Can I Buy Second Hand Bow Case?
The problem with buying a second-hand case is that they don’t come with warranties. With that in mind, you can still opt for one as long as it is in good condition. Also, check if all the parts are still in place and operational.
All the bow cases we reviewed above are made from durable materials. We will like to mention that the durability of the product depends largely on how it is handled.
Of the five products, though, the Plano Mil-Spec Fieldlocker Compound Bow Case is our top recommendation for the best compound bow case. This is due to its high-quality design and compartmentalization.
The Plano Mil-Spec Fieldlocker Compound Bow Case ensures that you carry your archery equipment in one location. You also won't have to worry about damaging and losing your gear since it is designed to keep the items inside in place. The case is also equipped with a quality locking mechanism.